Saturday, June 02, 2001

ZooK

I don't even hold the wheel when I'm driving.

Well that was a night. Haven't had that great a time since forever. Can you beat a great rock show featuring The Mt.St.Helens and Bluetip***0***, then hours of drunken fun at the fireside, then an hour drive***1*** that seemed to take half that time, then another hour plus of tomfoolery at the downtown Naperville bars, where I finally was able to introduce the boys to what real free popcorn tastes like, and then back to my house where somehow we ended up okay, Marcie, Richard***2***, and Luke "legend" Ladenbach. Along the way we ran into Greg, fresh from Italian wonderlust; Amanda who likes DFW just as much as I do; Quinn, Jason, Mike, and Ben who rocked the house down; Michelle who swears it takes me a few beers to talk to her, but I object; Scooter who drove from Naperville to Chicago back to Naperville without a hint of complaint; Christine and Bob who lovingly tried to convince me that my fear of camping ***3*** is baseless ***4***; and two of the three girls I went to Spring Break with in 1996: Gulf SHores, Alabama.

I wish you could have been there, it was beautiful.

If you ever meet Rick, make him sing you the "muffin man" in French. Hilarity encapsulated.

And Marcie talked me into the Vegas excursion, which could mean trouble. I can't talk about it here. Yet.

The next five songs on yer radio in a perfect world would be: "mockingbirds" by grant lee buffalo; "mockinbird" by harry and lloyd; "regionalists" by the mt.st.helens; "goodbye" by silver scooter; and "tupelo honey" by van t. man morrison.

IN the stereo: history channel.

***0***Who were great, but looked as though they'd been on tour FOREVER. They were ragged and tough, but fantastic. The crowd was a lot smaller than I had expected, which I'm sure didn't help their duress.
***1***Sober. We rock it sober when we drive.
***2***My mom, when Rick pulled up, says to him: "You look darker." Funny that we call him the darkness, eh?
***3***Read: fear of animals.
***4***To which I point you, gentle reader, to my post about the Crow attack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home