Wednesday, May 30, 2001

Marc

25. Traffic - Don't believe the hype, this movie isn't as great as I was told. Benicio del Toro? Fabulous, for sure. Topher Grace? Excellent. Where was his nomination? But the rest of it kind of fell flat for me. See, I've read two John Irving novels over the course of the past few months, and everything that he talks about in his books has something to do with the conclusion of the film. Traffic didn't have a conclusion as far as I could tell. It just kind of ended (for which I am not complaining, because I've watched two three-hour long movies in the past week, and I have no desire to see another). But that's just me. What do I know? Of course, I'm no Zach.

Tonight was pretty run of the mill. Went to the bar with Luke and Rick, had a few imports (one Beck's dark, one Newcastle brown, and one Bass regular) because they were cheap. Played a few games of pool, of which I won only one with the help of my partner, Rick. I've neglected my studying tonight, for the first time since I've gone back to school. Why? I couldn't tell you. I'm just not in the mood. Maybe it was Traffic. Maybe not.

I did get three other movies today, of which you will be hearing about within the next two to three days, I'm assuming. One of them has been toted by Mr. Kuhn. Whether or not he was kidding remains to be seen. I'll keep you posted.

And, I forgot to mention that The Superhero has gone international ... AGAIN!!! We welcome a reader from France into the folds, and wish him all the luck with his own blog, which will soon be appearing on the side when I get the address again. Kudos.