Saturday, June 02, 2001

Marc

28 (1/2). Lethal Weapon 4 - I woke up at noon yesterday, took a shower, and still had time to watch half of this God-awful film, plus VH1's 25 Years of Punk. Did I hear Minor Threat play "straightedge" on extended cable? You bet I did. This movie only counts as half because (a) it was absolutely horrific (b) I only watched about 40 minutes and (c) it ended with a ninja run through by a gargantuan piece of metal, who still seemed to have enough energy to nearly choke Mel Gibson to death under water, but alas, Mr. Gibson luckily found a semi-automatic machine gun and blew him to bits in the beautiful harbors of Los Angeles. Oh, I'm sorry, was she in a coma? Convenient, huh?

Operation Las Vegas: Sounds like a bad name for a bad ska band. Details are iffy at this moment, but it appears as though a good percentage of the Superhero will be hitting the road in mid-August to beautiful Las Vegas. We might even bring Luke along. He has a tattoo, you know? It will all turn out well, it always does. How do we know? It's a mystery.

I have very few details about last night that Zach didn't touch upon. It was nice to see the Mount Saint Helen's play. I haven't seen them in what seems like such a long time. Hopefully, they'll play in Normal tomorrow night. Christine and Bob also showed up, a pleasant surprise. And the star of the night, Mr. Scooter McBoober and his uncanny ability to drive anywhere, safely, soberly, and in control. Now, I'm off to do some work. Work? Work.

The Muffin Man, the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man.