Friday, June 15, 2001

Marc

Let's Talk About Hair, Baby! I'm sure that some people are getting sick of hearing this, but I can't help it. I get giddy just thinking about it. Today, I woke up, looked in the mirror, and I actually had bedhead - hardcore bedhead. Kick fucking ass! For those not in the know, it goes a little something, something like this - I was bald for about nine or ten months b/c of my old job. No big deal. I got so dirty, I was sick of having to always smack myself in the head to get the dirt and whatnot out. I also hated having to shower at 4am so I could be on the job, looking dope, by 4:30am. So, I shaved it all off. But, now that I'm an unemployed college student, I'm letting the locks grow again. And today, my hair was all over the frickin' place. And once again, I say "Kick fucking ass!"

I got a mastercard!

Yesterday there were two classic Simpsons episodes on. #1 was The Comet Bart episode - comet headed straight towards Springfield - "No one's going to need a Left-handed store, Flanders! You're out! *looks over to Rod and Todd*whispers* I'm sorry." #2 was Lisa's Future episode - starts at the carnival - "O, fair maiden of the spit, that I might sup on thy boon!". I'm a nerd, aren't I? At least I'm not alone.

On the stereo: my old Steven tape. Brilliantly somber acoustic music from my next door neighbor, Grant, and our good friend, Mr. Chris. They're thinking of getting back together. We can only hope that's true.

So, today might actually be the day that I attempt to make some mixtapes - or mixtape, depending on how into it I get. I'm still not all that good at it, as I've said before. I leave all the quiet, alone-in-one's-room work to Zach. He's the subtle one. I'm still thinking of getting one of those ten minute tapes, putting a shitload of Kid Dynamite songs on one side, and maybe an Aimee Mann song on the other side. But I don't think that too many people appreciate both artists as equally as I do. Ehh!

The new Travis isn't nearly as good as the last. Sorry to burst anyone's bubbles.