Wednesday, June 06, 2001

Marc

Here's to the Good Ol' Days: I'm in a mood that can best be described as "giddy". I swear, I haven't felt this good since April 28th, 2000. That was the day my old band played with the famous Alkaline Trio in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois to a packed house at the Courtyard. Everyone was so full of life and expectations. "Why you be so excited?" you ask, nonchalantly, almost accidentally seeming not to care. Well, I logged in about two and a half/three hours of rock in Kankakee tonight, and not only did I spend an hour on guitar, quietly crafting tunes, but I spent a good portion behind the ol' skins, laying down the backbeat. I'm no drummer, never have been, probably never will be, but it just felt good to get back there, and keep a steady rhythym while Evan and John layed down some chords in pattern. Thank you for rock and roll, thank you very much. In a related story:

IF YOU ARE A DRUMMER, CLICK ON THESE BIG BOLD LETTERS IMMEDIATELY: The band I was just talking about, has been messing around for about a solid month now. Unfortunately we have 2 guitar players, 1 bassist, and 0 drummers. The only thing that is saving us right now is the fact that Evan (guitar player/singer) is a phenomenal drummer. But, like most great musicians, he decided to throw his weight into the field of guitar. If you live in Bloomington-Normal/Champaign-Urbana/or Chicago and any of it's surrounding suburbs, and you just so happen to be reading this, and you'd like to be in a band, please email me. Please.

My arms hurt.

Other than all that, today was a pretty average day. Wake up, class, walk to the apartment, beat River City Ransom w/Matt in about 45 minutes, class, drive for an hour + 1/2, rock, rock, rock, drive again, BLARG, homework, sleep.

Michelle: I hope this big long thingy gave you something to do at work. We here at the Hero aim to please***.

* but as Zach has said many times, we don't drink and drive. We drink and walk. It's the only way.