Monday, June 04, 2001

Marc

The Bong: was apparently invented in Normal, Illinois, according to my poetry professor. In fact, he took up quite a bit of time talking about the bong, and Mother Murphy's (the shittiest record store this side of anywhere) while we discussed Alfred Lord Tennyson's "Ulysses". How? I still have yet to figure it out.

I don't want to go to my next class. I just want to go back to bed. People were up in the living room late last night, watching Requiem for a Dream. "Now, here's a thought for you to disregard. .." I didn't watch it. I went to my room, where I proceeded to read DFW's essay on Michael Joyce, a professional tennis player. That guy made learning how the ATP tour rankings work interesting. I read the whole damn thing in one sitting. What the hell is wrong with me? In correlation, I've decided that today is the day that I will at least buy Infinite Jest. I've already got a meeting set up w/Ryan at Barnes & Noble, where she will be using her fabulous discount for me. Bless her. I probably won't have time to start reading it, but I will at least flip through it a little bit. I'm trying to take off the boring edge that's going to hit me in about a month.

My paper was moved back to Monday. The gods are on my side. Now I have time to watch movies.

No one needs a roadie, do they?