Wednesday, February 28, 2001

Zach "Out tha Doe!" Kuhn

And the tide was way out.

Here's the thing, for me, about "Infinite Jest". You need 3 bookmarks. One to keep your place in the text, one to keep your place in the footnotes, and one to write down the page numbers of the funny shit. By the end of the book, I had five. I also recommend reading it slowly. My bro read it in about two months, and is now kicking Himself (pun intended). My favorite I.J. lines will be posted once
somebody finishes it. Years ago, there were rumors that HBO was going to make a series out of the book, but those have slowly and sadly faded. Do not go gentle, says Rodney.

If you're in the process of reading I>J> I recommend the Howling Fantods website, you can find it by searching DFW's name on yahoo. I would call him on the telephone, but the warning says 50 feet.

On my way to the fireside, full report later tonight.

If I die, auction off my DVD's on ebay and have a party. On Me.

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "this perfect world" by Freedy Johnston; "Pitseleh" by Elliott Smith; "Talking Shit about a pretty sunset" by Modest Mouse; "Good Job Chris" by First Grade Crush; and "The How How and the Pow Pow" by Lois Lane.

In the stereo: Rick in the shower, listenin' to the Lapse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home