Monday, February 19, 2001

Marc

Big Ups This Week To:

1) To the cloudless city of Seattle, for not being drizzly and rainy and murky. But more for being quirky, with her odd bums that pick small pieces of trash off the sidewalk, only to throw them in the gutter. With her strange streets that go up and down, and the lack of parking on Sunday past 2pm.

2) To the absolutely breathtaking Mount Ranier, towering above the clear skies. I guess this could've been more of an appendage to #1, but fuck it. This mountain is monstrous, and terrifyingly spectacular. Usually, mountains are clumped together, so where there's one 14,000 foot peak, there's others. But not in Seattle/Tacoma. There's just one: Mount Ranier. And it's visible nearly everywhere I've been today. And I can't help but be thankful for it.

3) To Napster. I feel very odd saying this, but I have a whole new set of CD's that I am dying to get now that I've had DSL for the past two days. I almost feel grateful for not having it at home. I wouldn't do anything else. Here's my picks of the week.
a) Bruce Springsteen, "Nebraska". The Boss. Need I say anymore?
b) Badfinger, random selections. You can put money on me finding some sort of greatest hits collection this weekend.
c) Dashboard Confessional, "Swiss Army Romance". Just ordered this, but I couldn't hold back. Hope the artwork is worth it.
d) SNL, Celebrity Jeopardy. Will Farrell, Sean Connery, Turd Ferguson. Comedy gold, I tell ya. Pure comedy gold.
e) Fountains of Wayne, random selections. These songs make me want to spend money, with wreckless abandon.

4) To Bruce, my new partner in the crime of cabling, at least for this week. It's only his third trip on the job, but I couldn't ask for anyone cooler to work with. Nevermind the fact that he's fourty years older, he's one hip mo-fo. Hope he sticks around for awhile.