Sunday, February 18, 2001

Marc

Listening to these guys, wishing that there new album would just come out already. I loved the first one, tremdously enjoyed both the ep's, but their second album was just so damn disappointing, with the notable exception of "Radio". That's a great song. Album #2 just lacked energy and coherency. I've recorded with Matt Allison before, and here's the thing i don't get: how come he can make them sound so good, but he doesn't do shit for bands like the Honor System and this band? I'm not saying either of the latter are any better than the former, but there is an obvious difference in quality somewhere along the line.

Am I making any sense. I think I'm just bored. Really bored.

I've decided to get shitty and use Napster while I still can. I'm downloading songs i think i might like. I've touched on this before, but maybe I should rehash it. I don't like Napster giving away free music. I don't agree with it. But, I think the technology is worthwhile, and I love the fact that it's easy to sample songs that you haven't heard from artists you might want to buy something from. Currently, I'm extracting a few Springsteen tunes, some Jealous Sound, Paul McCartney and Wings, Dashboard Confessional, and on and on. If Napster was a pay basis, and I had a decent connection all the time (the hotel I'm has DSL), I'd easily pay for it, so long as the artist saw some of the money.

I feel like I'm rambling. I need to shut up.