Sunday, February 18, 2001

ZooK

Outside it feels like a great day to be alive! day. I actually have my window open, the first time since october. I cannot imagine living in a city that has no winter ala Orlando or L.A. or San Diego. How do you know what fucking month it is? My dad is a carpenter who's been outside for more time than I've been alive, and he picks October and May as the two best months of the year in Illinois. I'd have to go with September and May, but only because my birthday is May 11th, 1979.

Just got back from the best record store in Illinois, Deadpan Alley. You may disagree with me, but for my money I'll take the comfortable atmosphere (no hipster assholes listening to music they don't even like just because it says THRILL JOCKEY or GSL or THREEONEG on the label) of the little shop that could right here in sunny Normal. This coming tuesday is super tuesday for new releases, with the new Spoon, Crooked Fingers, and Mark Kozelek records coming out. Plus Jarod let me borrow a bunch of promos which is a benefit I'm going to miss when I graduate.

The girl I'm dating (we've been "dating" for about 7 months, but I can't call her my girlfriend. is she using me for my sexual prowess?) bought me this totally awesome board game for Valentine's Day, it's called Director's Cut and bears a close resemblance to Trivial Pursuit mixed with Balderdash. Anyone who wants to put down a few Bud Lights and challange the king is welcome to my humble abode, beware of my steve McQueen prowess, its frightening.

In the stereo: Spoon "A Series of Sneaks"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home