Sunday, June 17, 2001

Marc

My Car Is Attached to the Sun by a String of Some Sort: but it only works between Kankakee and Dwight, Illinois, and only at night. It may sound odd, I know, but I see the most beautiful sunsets driving back to Bloomtown from Kankakee. It's a straight east-to-west jaunt on the way back, and I always seem to get just bored enough to say I'm leaving as the sun starts to go down. Today, there was a cloud just above the northwest part of the horizon, and the sun was changing the hues from orange to red to pink to grey. Absolutely amazing. It's about a half hour drive, just perfect to see the whole deal unfold in front of me. Off on the horizon there are lights from farms every six inches, and in some cases you can actually see them start to pop on. By the time I make my way through Dwight and onto the North/South Interstate, it's usually pitch black. To quote Will Farrell- "simply stunning".

Thank you, and goodnight.