Thursday, May 17, 2001

ZooK

Even fireworks, for all their prettiness, come from the chemistry of the earth. Yet sometimes we think we can grow, feeding on flowers and fireworks, without completing the cycle back to reality.

Is it a coincidence that they mentioned Fahrenheit 451 on the West Wing last night and I'm reading it right now??? I think not.

CD's I thought Lost Forever that I found in my closet yesterday: It's A Shame About Ray by the Lemonheads;
Spilt Milk and Bellybutton by Jellyfish; Decade by Neil Young; and Tuber by Bivouac. I can't believe I let the first CD's I bought with my own money (the Jellyfish and Lemonheads CDs) sit in the back corner of my closet below my stacks and stacks of Beckett Baseball Card Monthly***1*** and a 1983 AL Division Champs White Sox pennant. I used to like the Sox, when they played in OLD Commiskey. New Commiskey is like Coke II.

I'm going to AMC Cantera 30 today to see either Amores Perros, a Mexican film I've heard is great or
Memento again for the first time. I think Memento is winning out. Leonard, I missed you buddy, do you remember me?

I went to Borders***2***last night with me mum, and I bought the Hagakure, which is the book that Ghost Dog reads from in the interludes of the movie. So if you plan on buying it some day, know that they keep it in OTHER SPORTS section. So I bring it up to the counter and the typical "I work at borders so I have to dress weird and paint my fingernails"***3***guy is ringing and he has to say "Oh yeah, that's a great book. I read that about 8 months ago." Now he's either trying to tell me I'm a trendy fuck who's way behind the times or he's trying to call attention to the fact that he's the smartest Dope in the world and he knows everything. Either way, fuck him. Ye know?

The next five songs on yer radio in a perfect world would be: "The man who told everything" by Doves; "At Dawn" by my morning jacket; "the trail of your blood in the snow" by juno; "monday" by wilco; and "ellen and ben" by the dismemberment plan.

in the stereo: Howard Stern busting Eddie Murphy's rocks. yes.
***1***My obsessive/compulsive disorder started with Baseball Cards and, specifically, BBCM. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new issue every month, just like I can't wait to get my hands on Punk Planet/Magnet/CMJ (Still not out) now.
***2***You know, its the one with the big red sign that says BORDERS on it.
***3***The other guy had fishnets on his arms and one of those terrible huge round stud earings that reminds me of watching one of those National Geographic specials on those natives in South America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home