Wednesday, May 16, 2001

ZooK

Don't tell me to stop.

Here, ladies and gents, are the chi-area Vagrant shows, featuring everyone's favorite Post-post-BLARG-post Rawkers
Hey Mercedes. The rest can be found at the Vagrant site, but are too numerous to name here. ***1*** There are 4 (!!!!!!) shows, 2 at metro and 2 at house of blues. While I quite enjoy 1/5 of the Vagrant roster, I'm not sure that 4 shows are absolutely necessary, especially when they'll hit Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Columbia too. Anway, the first two nights are at Metro with the Getup Kids and Saves the Day and the second two nights are with Hey mercedes. Should be a good time, though I may skip the metro shows to avoid complete heat exhaustion. Speaking of which, does anybody else miss the 50 degree days of March? I hate humidity.

On another tip, I'm going to clean out my closet today. Last time I did that I threw away all of my love letters from high school ***2*** and found the super bowl shuffle LP that I so embarassingly loved as a child. I guess you can call me Even Steven. This job requires sweating, which I only like to do during certain designated hours and only with the stipulation that there be a lukewarm shower directly after. Somebody call a doctor, the boys got ObsessiveCompulsiveDisorder.

Doesn't anyone remember air conditioning?***3***

The next five songs on yer radio in a perfect world would be: "Richard Pryor Adresses a Tearful Nation" by Joe henry; "The Mountain" by Steve Earle; "we laugh indoors" by death cab for cutie; "new young residents" by bluetip; and "eisler on the go" by wilco and billy bragg.

In the stereo: Kids in Philly by Marah.

***1***So I had this plan of magically pasting the dates here, but AOL (god I swore I'd never use this fucking fascist regime machine) is the server of choice here at mi casa suprema and it won't let you paste on the BLARG. Fucking piece of shit server.
***2***So many, in fact, that they all fit quite well in a Fossil watch tin. There were tops ten in there, but they meant something to me. Honestly.
***3***The one drawback of moving out of 207 W. Locust #2? The fact that those boys know the way to use an AC unit. Sometimes they get a bit carried away (the night it was 60 outside and 55 inside rings a bell) but at least they know the value of non-swesticles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home