Saturday, May 12, 2001

ZooK

I'm sorry about the thing with the thing. Yeah? Me too.

So I have a longer post but the fucking thing won't paste so here's the short version cuz mis padres no le gustan el interneto. Or something. I ran into some really really really old acquantances last night, specifically this kid I was in Physics with my Junior year of high school who came to class drunk one day and left with this huge red line down the middle of his face from falling asleep on the edge of the table. Hes rollin in money now, so I got "Wasted" (wink wink Greg and Marcie) for basically 10 bucks. Plus the waitress gave me a free shot cuz her birthday was the 4th. All in all eventful.

CMJ is still not out. Don't ask about it, I'll get soapboxy.

Tomorrow means back to Boom town fer a graduation party fer Ryan.

And the Plan are by far the best band playing right now. "ellen and ben" is a masterpiece of humor (you mention John McLaughlin of the Group and I give you props) and funk (how does that guy write the absolute best bass lines? You could take out the guitars and just hang on to the bass lines of "back and forth" and "ice of boston" and all the new stuff. Absolutely spectacular.

The five songs that will rule my cd player come november are: "we laugh indoors" by death cab for cutie; "ellen and ben" by d-plan; "our weekend ends on sunday" by hey mercedes; "regionalists" by the mt.st.helens; and "richard pryor addresses a tearful nation" by joe henry.

in the stereo: E! (where I saw Howard Stern last night. Beetlejuice was painted green and told a story about how he greets delivery drivers naked doing sit ups. Humorous? you betcha).

sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home