Saturday, April 28, 2001

Zach "Wasn't Me" Kuhn

I am a fly the ointment.

First: though the sentiments expressed in the passage reflect my own quite closely, it must be stated for the record that
someone else wrote it while actually very mad at me. That's all clear now, but I didn't know she BLARGed in my name. What's next, joint checking accounts?!?!?!

I'm at home watching the Cubs game, having a Sprite, petting the dog. True. Went out to the Naperthrill bars last night and ran into a grand total of 4 people (other than my brother and his roomate) that I know on a 1st name basis. They were: Pam, Tracy, Chad from Arlington TX, and Kevin AKA the bed-while-his-parents-were-in-it-pisser. I got a bit drunk for free until I decided it was time for shots and dropped 15 bucks on two shots of Jack Daniels and two bud lights....no pachyderm discount at Jimmy's, I suppose. Before that we played darts, where I shocked the entire crowd by actually being moderately skilled. Steve won two, matt won two, I won won one. The guy who owned the machines joined us for the last game and embarassed us with 3 straight bullseyes. Wicked awesome.

The next five songs on yer radio in a perfect world would be: "1.2.X.U" by Wire; "Our weekend starts on wednesday" by hey mercedes; "I got the feeling" by james brown; "shade and the black hat" by jeremy enigk; and "wrecking ball" by creeper lagoon.

In the stereo: wire

post script: The new issue of CMJ is still not on newstands, but will likely be so (FINALLY) by Tuesday. Depeche mode is on the cover, and C.Lagoon is on the best new music list. Take that, you, you, you, son of a motherless goat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home