Saturday, April 14, 2001

Zach "Eisler on the Go" Kuhn

Maybe if I hadn't a seen so many hard feelings, I might not could have felt other peoples.

Oh well another man's done gone. Jeff Tweedy of Wilco channeling Woody Guthrie. Beautiful. Saw two fantastic movies last night.
First, State and Main, which felt a lot longer than 90 minutes but was very funny. The guy behind Ryan and I laughed at every thing, and he had this sad bombastic HAHAHAHAHAHAH typa laugh. His wife was talking about how he'd been at work since 3 in the morning, so maybe he was halucinating. Anyhow, the movie is funny but not great. A good sit down and turn on your mind typa flick, I give it a 3/5.

Then Ghost Dog: the Way of the Samurai, which would have made my top ten from last year. Ryan was not impressed, so I finished watching it this morning and it floored me. Such a great movie. It is not a karate or a kung-fu movie, the previews are deceptive. He's a modern day hit-man who is saved one day by a gangster. He then becomes the mobster's servant, and learns the way of the samurai. Sweet, funny, and ultimately enjoyable. I'm going to include it in my senior thesis, thus buying it. An enthusiastic 5/5.

Monday I've been asked to do a little BLARG about what there is to do in Normal....I've got some time to think about it.

THe next five things to fall off the face of the earth in a perfect world would be: MF's XG; Tobacco products of all persuasions; the St. Louis Cardinals; Buddyhead.com; and the entire cast of any and all movies directly attributed to MTV.

In the stereo: lifta pulla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home