Thursday, March 08, 2001

Zach "First to Worst" Kuhn

They wouldn't miss the moon, would they?

Goodbye, sweet BLARGers. I'll be back Wednesday, hopefully not because I have to work. Marc and boys, have a good time on tour. Take showers. They're good for you.

Had Portillos for lunch...two things that Central Illinois needs desperately: 7-11's and Portillos. Marc had never been to a 7-11 until I took him there after some show or another. Deprived child he was no longer. Fast food doesn't get any better than Portillos, which is proven by the fact that the place is FU-packed at all times.

Got the new CMJ, Weezer is on the cover. Chamberlain is listed in the best new music, which is interesting because I've heard their new record might combine the good parts of their old stuff (Fate's got a driver is one of my all time favorite rock records) and the interesting aspects of the last record (which were few but still interesting). One of my favorite all time Matt Fast moments was when we saw Chamberlain at the fireside two years ago. The drummer from their band came outside and heard us talking about how much they had changed for the worse. He yelled something to the effect of "dude, this is our music", and Matt just gave him this look...I can only describe it as the "Matt Fast has chosen that you suck" look. Awesome.

So wish me luck in California, I'm planning on coming back with an "i met matt damon" story, which includes him and I becoming best friends and then going to Las Vegas and scoring big. Will it happen? Yes, please.

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "We could be kings" by Gene; "Magnetic 62nd" by Chamberlain; "Cigarettes will kill you " by Ben lee; "Baby Belle" by Chris Lee; and "We laugh indoors" by death cab for cutie.

In the stereo: September Gurls by Big Star

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home