Thursday, March 08, 2001

Zach "I'll Be There" Kuhn

Fuck the tournament, dude?

Talked to the wonderful Mellissa who has been cleaning her apartment in anticipation of my arrival. My flight leaves at 6:00 tommorrow night, so I'll more than likely be BLARG-less until Wednesday...I shall miss interacting (and cracking myself up to) a blank computer screen. Marc and the boys will be on tour, if you live in any of the cities you should check 'em out. Unless you live on the last part, in which case you should probably stay away because Marc and Matt are swearing away the sweet nectar of the shower. Matt thinks he could go a fortnight without a drop of water hitting his skin. Unfortunately, I believe him.

2nd section of the BLARGars:
Best Director:
Cameron Crowe- Almost Famous
Ang Lee- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Steven Sordebergh- Traffic
Allison Maclean- Jesus' Son
Kenneth Lonergen (sic)- You can count on me

I am now under the spell of JBTV, on some local station. If you've never watched JBTV, he's this guy who hosts a one hour show of videos on smaller stations. He looks amazingly like Jerry Garcia (white beard, long hair, glasses). He used to get all the coolest bands to come on and do interviews, and then he would tape their show. He got Oasis and Radiohead at the Metro (both of which I have on a tape, somewhere in this house). He also, God bless him, is responsible for the recording of the Jeff Buckley "Live in Chicago" DVD/VHS as well as the extra acoustic songs on the DVD. The only unedited Jeff Buckley interview I've ever seen was on a Saturday night during my freshman year in high school. He was so incredible...he told this story about how he got fired from a Banana Republic for stealing a woman's blouse...it killed me. He was such a nerd, I can't even tell you.

Anyway, JBTV is now the Q101 of the television waves. Never in my life have I seen such a huge collection of shit stacked end to end. The playlist? Mest (who should be shot not only because the song SUCKS, but because they attempted to spoof fucking BOOGIE NIGHTS), Showoff (whose lead singer came into my work one day and spent his entire advance from Maverick on DVDs and a portable DVD player. Then he asked me when his CD was coming out. I told him, and he saw we were only getting 5 copies. He was so hurt I thought he was gonna cry. Jackass), Papa, excuse me, P-roach; and Boy hits car who are absolutely the worst band I've ever heard. Shame on you, Mr.JB. A plague on both your houses.

I just found out that the mark Kozelek show at schubas starts at 10:30 and that the opening act is Blake Zweig. Don't recognize the name? Have you ever lived in Normal? Remember the crappy band Sleeping for Sunrise? Remember how they played every big show that came through? Remember how their singer could not sing? Well, he must be booking schubas himself, because he's playing a huge show. What's good though is that there will definitely be no problem seeing hey mercedes, hustling over to the schubas and catching the man. "Smokey", "Rock'n'roll singer", songs about cats? You bet.

I will be there, with belles on.

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "We Laugh Indoors" by Death cab for cutie; "Lover, you should've come over" by Jeff Buckley; "Lonely in a limousine" by lifter puller; "inherent song" by lullaby for the working class; and "High enough" by damn yankees.

In the stereo: a rabid man selling baseball cards on tv. i can see the spittle in the corners of his mouth...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home