Friday, February 16, 2001

ZOOK

I just tried to write something and it disappeared...
Going on my Valentine's Day date tonight, catching a late dinner and then hitting Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon which has been highly recommended by a certain couple. Let's hope it is better than the worst movie I've ever seen (also highly recommended) Dr. T and the Women. Seriously folks, if you are presented with a VHS copy of this movie, run, unless you're a masochist in which case sign the contract and suffer.
My friend from Tennessee just called and left a long message which, as always, ended in him calling me an asshole. Funny that my friends from Aurora and my friends from Normal are almost identical in certain aspects yet polar opposites in others. I didn't know one human soul in high school (Waubonsie Valley in beautiful Aurora ILL) who owned a superchunk record. Christ it took 'em a year to catch on to the Green Day thing. The sad fact is that I didn't have the internet and therfore thought I was in this huge minority of kids who liked good music. The other sad fact is (and this may ruin my cred) that I didn't go to a show at the Fireside until December of 1997 (Braid, the getup kids, jimmy eat world and the worst band in the free world 90 Day men. There were about 60 kids there, if you had that show now it could sell out the fucking riviera).
For some reason there's a magnet in the shape of Texas on my fan...

I.T.S (in the stereo, a new feature to my posts)
Azure Ray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home