Monday, June 25, 2001

Marc

The Paper: was a movie I saw as a junior in high school, during my Newspaper class. Mrs. Brown, quite possibly the quintessential positive motivator, decided that we'd take a day off and find out what it was like to run a real newspaper. Seeing as how I already worked at a real one, I didn't feel the need to pay attention. Much to my surprise, she busted in with The Paper, starring Michael Keaton. It took us two days to watch. I loved every second of it, especially the parts where they yelled (a) "SHIT!" - Mrs. Brown covered her ears and (b) where they yelled "STOP THE PRESSES!!" The newspaper that I worked it didn't have presses in the building, so whenever I yelled that out, they all just looked at me for a second before telling me to get back to work.

And you thought I was going to talk about my research paper, didn't you? Suckers.