Tuesday, May 01, 2001

Zach “Dirty Deeds” Kuhn

I don’t have anywhere to put things.

My eyes are feeling better, hopefully I won’t wake up in the morning not being able to open them from the massive gunk collected on the lids. That happened this morning, after which I found Ryan on the floor arched and angled like a garden hose. She says she barely slept all night, and neither did I. So we shared again.

Quinn: I went to Jimmy’s and Feature’s and then hit the Lantern for a good old fashioned Old Style in the place I grew up in. I remember the days when Naperville wasn’t a haven for nuevo-riche and a man could get a beer at the Lantern and hear some Bob Seger or Foghat or Steppenwolf without having to be interrupted by some 16 year old with a fantastically bad fake ID asking for a cigarette cuz it’s easier to get into a bar than it is to buy a pack of Marlboros and she’s desperate and wants to take some 26 year old home cuz she likes her parents to get angry and threaten to take away her new Mustang or whatever. Plus the Lantern used to have this amazingly good FREE popcorn that has never again been replicated throughout my 21 years, 11 months and 1 day.

Marcie’s birthday is next Thursday. My birthday is next Friday. Marcie and I are heading to the
D-Plan show on Thursday, and may or may not get a little tipsy before or afterwards. Though that requires he and I staying at the same location, and also requires us deciphering who should drive, as it will be my night before and his night of. We could use a
vote on this one. And a floor or couch or something.

I’m making the final mix tape in this apartment as we BLARG. 26 songs on a 120 minute Sony tape. No CD-R’s for this old school dude. When they stop making the tape it’ll be a sad day for music-nerd’s like you and me. Right now Mogwai’s “Dial: Revenge” is on and will be the closer of side A. The opening three of side B? “Singular Girl” by the Old 97’s; “Cool With Me” by Hot Rod Circuit; and “bells” by hey mercedes. I’m thinking that we should start a tape trading system withing the BLARG, as I love love love getting tapes from other people if only to hear what combinations they come up with. Right now I’m being lazy and putting things that are near each other alphabetically (Hey Mercedes and Hot rod circuit; and later Chris Lee, Les Savy Fav, and Lifter Puller).
Email Me if this sounds like a good idea to you. We could start it May 11th in honor of my 22nd birthday, or better yet we could start it whenever…I just want some fresh taste.

The next five songs on my mixtape are: “Title Track” by Death cab for cutie; “The Rich, dark, sultry red of hate” by lifter; “Gold Soundz” by Pavement; “He wasn’t murdered” by Freedy Johnston; and “Thom’s Bells” by Chris Lee.

In the stereo: Duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home