Tuesday, May 01, 2001

Marc

Can I wait until I get my new stereo before I start rattling off a whole bunch of new tapes to people I haven't met yet? I hope they like Kid Dynamite and Aimee Mann. Maybe I'll just buy the ten minute long blank cassettes, put seven K/D songs on one side, and 1.5 Aimee Mann songs on the other. Seriously, count me in.

I missed seeing a space shuttle land at Edwards AFB today by half an hour. I didn't realize it until I got to the hotel and called my mom. She asked me what I'd seen today. I replied: one cow on a steep hillside, one lake, a bunch of small towns, three CHiP's, seven Burger Kings, twelve McDonald's, and fifteen people on bikes riding down the highway. Note: I didn't see a space shuttle land in the middle of the friggin' desert.

The End of My Long Journey: That title blows, but I don't care. On June 11, 2000, I checked into the Rancho Santa Barbara Marriott, Buellton, California and was sent up to Room 431 (an executive suite). It was my first night in a hotel, and the next day was my very first day of work. I was excited. On May 1, 2001, I checked into the Rancho Santa Barbara Marriott, Buellton, California, and was sent up to Room 433 (an executive suite). This is the last hotel room I will stay in because I quit in two days. I'll be staying here for two days. How strange is it that I've traveled nearly 150,000 miles in one full year, and I end it all up just one room away from where I started? My mind is officially blown.