Tuesday, April 03, 2001

Zach "Lost Soul" Kuhn

Everything in heaven is white on white.

Less than four feet from me, Ryan is reading one of the most complicated yet fine novels of the century: Thomas Pynchon's "The Crying of Lot 49". I liked it a lot, so she'll probably hate it. Ah well.

This guy named Pete Yorn was just on Leno. He was good. Kinda Ryan Adams mixed with a post Partridge family pre-L.A. Law Susan Dey. Except, well, he's a he. His record is appetizing.

It's official: Panaphobic will be hitting your friendly
rock show on both Thursday and Saturday. I don't have to work or go to class on Friday, so the Matt and I are hitting the road. If you know us and see us, buy me a Pabst and Matt a Kiddie-Cocktail. He's drivin'. Saturday I will be driving, so buy the Ryan a Cranberry and Stoli and listen to her theory on why Jimmy Fallon is the sexiest man on the planet. It's worth your $3.75. And then some.

I took my Prose midterm today, and the professor had one of his students give it to us. Why, you ask? Family emergency? Lost a leg when he hit a bolt from his garage door while mowing his lawn (true story, ask my bro)? Had a carpet pisser pee on his favorite rug? No. He was watching the Mets. I love the guy, he's one hell of a professor but Come On. If I can take his hard ass fucking Midterm while Charlie Rose is on PBS, he can at least take the ten minutes to come by and hand us the exam. It's not like the girl he put in charge could/would have done anything to stop cheating anyway…

The next five live shows I would see in a perfect world would be: Dismemberment Plan w/Juno and Hey Mercedes; Jeff Buckley with Van Morrison and the Smiths; Jimmy Eat World w/Mt.St.Helens and Camden; Public Enemy w/Outkast and Dead Prez; and Straightleggedkick w/First Grade Crush at the White House across the street.

In the stereo: Doves: "the man who told everything"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home