Tuesday, April 03, 2001

Zach "Lorca" Kuhn

Everything in heaven is quiet, rubber-soled shoes.

If you're a D.F.W. fan, do yourself a favor and pick up the new issue of Harper's, which features a dazzling 20(!) page article about the ways Americans use language and the SNOOTS who regulate and regurgitate the madness that governs usage. Not only is it not boring, but is borderline the most hysterical thing he has ever written. No bullshit, I laughed out loud while reading it at Math Class today.

The worst smelling food under Earth's yellow sun is by far macaroni and cheese. It smells SO bad in my kitchen right now, as a half-eaten bowl is sitting on the stove. God awful.

So the Duke Boo-devils win again. Yay. It's sort of like rooting for the Yankees-when the field isn't level you can't expect anyone to keep up. Speaking of baseball, I may have had a career day in my Fantasy Yahoo! league, since I have Mags Ordonez, Furcal, and Hernandez. If those names don't mean anything to you, you're probably lucky.***1**

And, brother Matt, I read the last two pages of "Fight Club", which caused me to read the last two before those two and so on and so on and so it goes: I'll have to read the entire fucking book now.***2***
Damn it. I'll let you know what I think once we read it in class. Yes I said class.

Speaking of class, Triumph the Comic Dog was just on Conan. At Westminster. The Dog show. Class.

Right now, somewhere in this wonderful world, a D.O.D is relaxing. Wearing ISU boxers.

***1***Then again, I wouldn't trade my love of baseball for your love of knitting/antiques/foreign films/Rocket From the Crypt/Skateboarding/Million Dollars.
***2***Interesting that Microsoft's Nazi-esque grammar/spelling checker does not underline (with another coat of red in hell) the word "Fucking" but does underline "esque".

The next five things I would eat in a perfect world would be: A slice of Famiglia's cheese pizza (sadly only available near 118th street in Manhattan); A pork chop slightly glazed with cream corn; A baked potato; one of my mom's patented Chocolate milk shakes; and another slice of Famiglia's cheese pizza.

In the stereo: Doves "Lost Souls"
Speaking of speaking of speaking of speaking of speaking of Doves, "the man who told everything" is awesome. Dudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home