Friday, March 02, 2001

Zach "Doo-Runk as Hell" Kuhn

You'll never come to Dorsett.

I just told Marc to wake up in the morning to listen to his email. It's been that Kinda night. We were at the old Cellar, on North in Not-so-bad Normal ILL. I dropped 10 bucks and got heavily liquored...you can't beat that. Marc is playing his keyboard, don't tell him out loud but I'm twice the Billy Joel impersonator he'll ever be.

Lots of old friends at the bar tonight. Some kid walked in with a Hot Rod Circuit Hoodie and stared at my DCFC t-shirt, which I've had on all day. Eventually, after about ten times of walking by and staring openly at my shirt, I said "Hey. Hot Rod circuit, huh?" As usual, the kid went into this ten minute schpiel about Knowing the band's manager or some shit. I politely said I like some of their new record. He went on and on and on and on and on. We all missed Christine, who normally absorbs most of my time with political speech. No right to choose arguments tonight, no arguments that my voting for Ralph Nader actually elected George W, no "I think Al Gore is a fascist" rhetoric from my end. That's a good thing, seeing as though Christine 16 is a great friend.

Michelle from Holiday Matinee, are you reading? Let us know...

It's now official...there is no way to find "We Laugh Indoors". I will attempt to rename this BLARG if someone can find me a copy of it. That goes for the new Juno, Burning Airlines and Mogwai CD's as well.

T-minus 6 days until California. Am I excited?

Yes.

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "What We Fall for When We're Already Down" by the Good Life; "Let's Go Blue" by Hey Mercedes; "Pacific 231" by Burning Airlines; "Leave a Clean Camp and a Dead Fire" by Juno; and "The Big Top (theme from boogie nights)" by Michael Penn and Patrick Warren.

In the stereo: Marc playing his keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home