Thursday, March 22, 2001

Zach "C'mon, C'mon" Kuhn

Take back the fucking universe, indeed.

I just got rocked out of my pants. Folks, go see Creeper Lagoon in your town, on tour now with Guided by Voices. I am a sucker for a kick ass live show, and these four boys from rural San Fransisco put out the jams. Encores with "Where is My Mind?" never hurt either. They played the hits ("Centipede Eyes", "Empty Ships", "Dear Deadly" *so awesome*) and the new ones, all of which sound great. The new album drops April 17th, and is aptly titled "Take Back the Universe and Give Me Yesterday". It will rock, and roll, and shake, and soul.

Five things that could drop off the face of the Earth and I would be a happy man:
1. Tobacco and Tobacco products.
2. The entire state of Missouri, except for wherever matt and rick's parents live, and the parts of Kansas City that seemed nice from the air. Everything else can go.
3. Firebird band/suite/group/whatever. There's only so many times I can hear the word "pretty" rhymed with other words.
4. People who are late one week (or don't show up) and then get mad at you for doing the same thing the next week.
5. Commerce Bank.

My ears are still ringing, and my clothes reeeeeeeek of smoke. Had a great time, though, and must congratulate Jesse, John, and Jen for being three great people to drive two hours, see a show, and drive two hours back with.

Marc: I think I saw you in your hotel room. Dude, you gotta put your shirt back on. And stop lip-synching to Queen's greatest hits. Freddie Mercury might wake up just to get down wit chu.

Hey, tonight is David Foster Wallace night. I'm going early and will ask him what the fuck is up with the HBO deal. Bob? Any questions you want asked? I might feel a little stupid asking him about royalties for laughing a lot, but I'll do it if you want.

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "the weeping willow" by Grandaddy; "Let's go blue" by Hey mercedes; "the new collapse" by mt.st.helens; "we laugh indoors" by death cab for cutie; and "wrecking ball" by creeper lagoon.

in the stereo: I think my roomate is getting freaky deaky. or at least freaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home