Wednesday, March 21, 2001

Zach "Goddamn!" Kuhn

That's now how our affair, would've ended up I swear, but I was only nineteen.

Picked up the new Old 97's record, which is worth it for the companion disc full of live tracks and an outake from the record which is better than anything that actually made it. Also got the "tao of steve" on DVD, which is a pushover. Got pictures back from California, they look suprisingly good. I wasn't sure they would come out, but they all did.

Math test in the morning, and I'm pumped.

Was distressed that I wouldn't be able to attend the Creeper Lagoon show tomorrow evening at the lovely schubas, but now not only am I going, but I don't have to drive (thanks John and Jessee). Should be a kick ass time, though I've heard the Creepers can be hit or miss live.

In Prose we listened to the Sex Pistols. Loud. I love that class. We're reading Greil Marcus, who is a rock critic. I never thought I would read a rock critic in an actual college course. I like it.

Again, the The BLARGars.
BEST PICTURE
"Jesus' Son"
"You Can Count on Me"
"Almost Famous"
"The Virgin Suicides"
"Requiem for A Dream"
"Traffic"

BEST ACTOR
Mark Ruffalo---"You Can Count on Me"
Billy Crudup---"Jesus' Son"
Benicio Del Torro---"Traffic"
John Cusack---"High Fidelity"
Michael Douglas---"Wonder Boys"

BEST ACTRESS
Laura Linney---"you can count on me"
Ellen Burstyn---"Requiem for a Dream"
Minnie Driver---"Return to Me"
Julia Roberts---"Erin Brockovich"
Joan Allen---"The Contender"

BEST DIRECTOR
Ang Lee- "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
Alison Macdonald---"Jesus' Son"
Ken Lonergan---"you can count on me"
Darren Aronfsky---"Requiem for A dream"
Steven Soderbergh---"Traffic"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
James Woods---"The Virgin Suicides"
Jeff Bridges---"the Contender"
Rory Culkin---"You can count on me"
Don Cheadle---"Traffic"
Billy Crudup---"Almost Famous"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jennifer Connely---"Requiem for a Dream"
Frances Mcdormand---"Almost Famous"
---"Wonder Boys"
Kate Winslet---"Quills"
Kirsten Dunst---"The Virgin Suicides"

BEST SCREENPLAY
"Requiem for a Dream"
"The Tao of Steve"
"You can count on me"
"Traffic"
"Jesus' Son"

THE WORST
Julia Stiles
Leelee Sobieski
John Travolta
Brenda Fraser
Gwenyth Paltrow

Rock the vote, not the boat. Or the boat. Vote, VOTE, vote

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "Nineteen" by Old 97's; "Regret" by New Order; "My friends adore you" by Creeper lagoon; "The new collapse" by mt.st.helens; and "we laugh indoors" by death cab for cutie.

rock it, vote it.