Sunday, March 18, 2001

Marc "hey, are there pictures on my arms?"

The Amplitude. We played with them in Ann Arbor, Michigan last night. I know their name.

Upon further inspection, it has come to the conclusion that the new Alkaline Trio album, "From Here To Infirmary", is much better than "Maybe I'll Catch Fire". But, it's still no "Godammit". That's right. I said it. It's no "Godammit". What'cha gonna say?

So, Scottie was right. I have two tatoos now. I just emailed the pictures of them to my mom. I hope she doesn't hate me now. She won't. I know my mom loves me. She's dope that way.

Quick rundown of tour (very condensed):
Fri., March 9: Homewood, Illinois. We rocked. So did Notaword. And the Plain White Tee's were pretty good. Didn't sell a damn thing. Just happy to have a huge ass cargo van, with bean bags and everything.
Sat., March 10: St. Marys, Pennsylvania. We rocked. Spent nine hours driving the van. Everyone was happy to be out of Illinois and in High Country. They weren't expecting us. They let us play anyways and even found us a crib to crash at. Drank beer. Slept.
Sun., March 11: Pittsburgh/State College, Pennsylvania. Barry (the jackass who was supposed to help book our tour) fucked up. There was no show in Pittsburgh, so we drove to State College and hung out.
Mon., March 12: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. Rad crowd, albeit small. Bought more shit than two previous shows combined. That meant we could get gas. Cheap hotel. Two Schoonies from Friday's. Sleep.
Tue., March 13: Waterbury, Connecticut. Brass City Records put the show on. Walt runs the place. He kicks ass. Lots of cool stuff for cheap.
Wed., March 14: Day off in State College, Pennsylvania. This was planned, no thanks to Barry. Lots more beer. Passed out at 11. I'm a wimp.
Thu., March 15: Bottle Rocket in Toledo, Ohio. No one was there. We still fucking kicked ass. Just like Capture the Flag and our new best friends in LWL. They made more noise with the four of them than most shows we've played at the Fireside.
Fri., March 16: Ann Arbor, Michigan. Again with Capture the Flag. They kick so much ass. I don't get the crowds in Ann Arbor. Really quiet. You can even hear the buzzing of your amp between songs. I think we rocked, but I'm still not quite sure.
Sat., March 17: Drove all night to Kankakee. Everyone wanted to pull over and find a hotel. I didn't. So we chugged along. Tonight's the hometown party. I'm pumped. I even got two tatoos for the occasion. Ain't that sweet?

On the MP3 Player: "the new Dashboard Confessional Album" by Dashboard Confessional.