Friday, March 16, 2001

Zach "Wicked Sucks" Kuhn

We wear Peoria like pride.

Showed up. Today means snow, light but still existant. I was going to hit Normal today, but now I'm waiting until the morning so I can go straight to work for an arduous 4 hour shift. Hey, I've gotta work Sunday too, so you can pity me. Tommorrow night is St. patrick's celebration, whether or not I'll be drinking depends on my laziness factor, which right now is at about an 8. March Madness indeed.

Next thursday David Foster Wallace is giving a reading/talk at my school. I'll be there, with a love that will shelter you. My question: Where the hell is the TV series based on Infinite Jest???!!?? Feel free to steal it, he may not want to call on some stalker looking dude with an ear to ear smirk.

I want it known that I will be calling the Lady Friend today after my last two attempts failed. Both times I left a message. These may not have been received, it appears. I'm not an avid phone user, but this girl I want to call. That's right: I actually like her. I like to be around her, I think she's got good things to say. I can guarantee I've never met a girl quite like her. Right now we're at about 62% by my calculations, down ten points because I think she may have forgotten about me a tad. The last time I was 62% with a girl was my sophomore year in high school, and sadly it turned out she was way less than that with me. Sigh.

It felt good to BLARG that.

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "Be for Real" by the Afghan Whigs; "The City" by the Dismemberment Plan; "There, There" by Aloha; "Celebrate" by Kool & the Gang; and "we laugh indoors" by death cab for cutie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home