Friday, March 16, 2001

Marc

I'm hesitant to say what I'd really like to say. I think it might come off as mean, and that wouldn't be good.

Either way, our little tour is almost over. I could stay out for weeks upon months, maybe even forever. I just could get really comfortable driving from one place to another every day. Hell, that's what my job makes me do anyways. Touring's no different, except for the the no-actual-work thing. Others feel a little different. Whatever.

Tonight's the last show, in Ann Arbor, Michigan w/Capture the Flag, the Lawerence Arms, and someone else. I wish I knew the last bands name. I hate it when we play and other bands only say things like "thanks to the other band". That pisses me off. We just made a ba-dong load of noise for something like a half hour. We probably said our name around ten or twelve times. How could you not hear it? I promise that once we play with this unknown band tonight, it'll be the first thing I type tomorrow when I get back to sunny Normal, California. Oh. . . did I say California? I meant Illinois. We've got to drive all night to get there. That blows. Our rented cargo van has to be back at the place by 1:00pm. There'd be no way we could fall asleep and get there in time. So, the plan is to head west on I-94 thru Michigan and Indiana, hit I-80 for a few moments in Illinois before taking off down I-57 to my parent's house. Pick up Scottie's car, which has been there all week, take ILL-17 to I-55 in Dwight, and then home. Does that make sense to anyone outside of the broadcast area? I sure hope so.

Wish us luck for tonight, hopefully it'll be better than last night. The Bottle Rocket Bar was rad, there just wasn't anyone there. A great band from New Jersey: LWL, watched us. They get a thumbs up for making enough noise to sheer a bear. Time to find some food. Time to rock a joint (by joint I mean venue).