Sunday, March 04, 2001

Marc

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: I lay humbly at your side, begging to be spared from your magnificence. Not since Jesse and myself saw Dick Tracy as grade schoolers have I felt more enthused about a movie. The Walter Mitty Complex has fully instilled itself into me. I want to be a jumping, spinning, martial artistry-type-person. I want to fly on top of bamboo trees and spin around and around, and talk in Chinese, and swear my undying love to my underworld partner, and attempt to tame the Green Destiny. I want it all, and this movie has it. If you have a brain in your head, you must see this in the theatre. A first viewing on the small screen would be a crime. This is the type of movie that makes me want to buy a DVD player. Oh, CTHD, if only you were out on DVD.

For being a slow day, it was a full day.

To those who frequent Zorbas, as I have been for the past three months, take note: BREAKFAST IS NOT SERVED AFTER 2PM. I didn't know that. If a restaurant is going to serve breakfast that long, why not just serve it for the rest of the day? Where's the blood? Where's the foul?

On the MP3 Player: "Hey Porcupine" by Josh Rouse.