Sunday, July 08, 2001

ZooK

I have not lost faith. I proclaim that. I have only been brought to the place where I know my faith will not be realized.***0.5****

To begin with, Marcie has finally realized the ultimate truth: Impending means the boredom is oncoming, in the left lane ready to pass to coin a term. I have a new name for his catchall: Day_______of my perpetual boredom. You can't go wrong, since perpetual implies the boredom never ends, which is so true when you live in Normal ILL 12 months a year. And I didn't have any problems with his grammar, just his word-choice.

I am not a butt. As some dude from Blink-182's mom says: "He wasn't even allowed to say butt".

Yesterday I got a package full of Saves the Day stuff in the mail from Vagrant, yet with no CD to give you a review. Hell, 1/2 of you***1*** probably already have it thanks to aimster or good connections or whatev. What I did get were a shitload of this polaroid looking dealies that say STAY WHAT YOU ARE and have a bunch of different pictures on them. If you want some, just go to yer local record shop and they should have some. That is if you live anywhere near me, cuz I'm putting them out this week. Seems to me that the Vagrant machine is spending a lot more on STD than on the AK3....hmmm. Maybe that means the next band'll get some non-plastic money to buy DVD's and not have to work office jobs.

I went to the Video store today to rent anything and everything with Jack Lemmon I could find, fully expecting some other schmuck to have done the same thing already. Somehow I found Save the Tiger, for which Mr. Lemmon***2*** won Best Actor and rightfully so. Such a good god damn movie, about a man who'll do anything to stay alive in a business he doesn't even want anymore, including burn down one of his factories. So fucking good. Up next is Touch of Evil, starring everybody's favorite recluse Orson Wells.

Oh, and what a weeken. When the Cubs win and I'm with Ryan and I get to see Scott, Jon, marcie, matt, and rick without anyone under the age of 19 within talking distance and the air conditioning is on when I get home and I get to play roll-the-ball-backwards with my year old cousin Sumner who I keep calling Gunner...

The next five songsonyerradioinaperfectworld would be: "slide yer ass" by the spinanes; "joan jett of arc" by clem snide; "bizarre love triangle" by frente!; "probably never going to write a good song" by lois lane; and the invisible MP3 of "eleven to your seven" by hey mercedes.

In the stereo: WHOS YER DRIVER?!?!
***0.5***From Sherwood Anderson's Winesburg, Ohio
***1***What a fucking bastard this keyboard is. Keeps turning off, perpetually like the boredom of Marcie.
***2***did Kevin Spacey's mom have a one night deal with Mr. Lemmon? They look uncannily similar, not unlike Marcie and Sinbad. Me? I look like Rick Schroeder.