Thursday, July 05, 2001

Marc

No Spiders or Visigoths Allowed:

I'm sitting here, listening to the old Daydream King CD, from my days in Kankakee, IL. Amazing how such a good pop-punk band remained relatively unknown. I think they broke up about two years ago, and I know that at least one of them has a new band now. His name's Nate ... we used to be close, but that all flew by the wayside when I moved into my first apartment in Normal. I'm not even sure if I should write about this, but I saw him last weekend at home, and felt like I had to pretend not to see him. Why? I couldn't tell you. Words were exchanged between people that shouldn't have necessarily been talking to each other all that much (b/c they never seemed to get along). That was in August of '99. Haven't seen the guy but once or twice since, and haven't talked to him at all really. It's a shame how people are forced to move on all the time. You know someone for a few years, and then you suddenly find a bridge between the two of you. How did it get there? Neither one of you knows. It just happens that way.

Please let me go ... Give me my time ... Today lasted longer than I could have expected .... -DDK

It also appears that I will be heading back to work starting next week. Anyone up for a good time in Indianapolis on Wednesday?