Tuesday, July 03, 2001

Marc

Skoot is the funniest man in the world ... hands down ... and thus, I begin ...

Day Two of My Impending Boredom:

I might have just started another band. I should've never stopped playing with my old one. I think I'm just realizing it. Whatev ... I'm down. I've got Michael Jackson's "thriller" EQed to the hilts right now. You could probably shoot me in the ass, and I wouldn't really give a shit (no pun intended - I didn't even notice until my "spellcheck" readthrough).

I've still got that nervous feeling in my stomach. Having my mom take me out to dinner tonight didn't really help it out at all (she kept pressuring me to go back to work). She totally redeemed herself, though, by taking me to Target and buying me a toothbrush holder and some new bathmats. It's funny how your priorities of important stuff that you absolutely need changes as you get older. Next week, I think I'll start working on finding that fogless shaving mirror I can put up in the shower. Nothing says loving like shaving in the shower, eh, dudes?

the doggone girl is mine ...

Why can't Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson just patch things up already? Pop music is dying for a kick in it's ass, right?

The moon was beautiful once again tonight. So bright, so fantastic. It popped up over Waterson Towers, and was covered for a little while by thin clouds, until they moved on their merry old ways. It gets me to see such a beautiful sight and not be able to feel close to it at all. Sounds crazy, I know. I just felt so detached from it. Sure, it's the moon and all, and of course I'll probably never be able to go there, but I'm talking about it a little differently. It's just like hearing "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong, or reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. Such works of genius. Such awesome voice and strength. Of course, man didn't make the moon, but it has that same kind of feeling behind it on nights like this. It's just sitting there, begging to be appreciated ... I guess what I'm getting at is the fact that I feel so terribly inadequate when I see sights like it.

This describes the mood I'm in. Expect delays, we could be heading into some weird territory.