Monday, July 02, 2001

Marc

Day One of My Impending Boredom:

And Blooger seems to be running sloow. Fuck.

So far, I've cleaned my room (a little, not entirely), and more importantly, I cleaned the bathroom (nearly entirely - we lack a mop). It went well ... I felt like I was getting something done, you know. So far, I haven't succumbed to video games yet, but we'll see how that goes. Our roommate, Al, finally moved in today, and he brought with him the dreaded Nintendo 64. That's 64 steps above where we're at now. Will temptation rear it's ugly head? Only time will tell ...

Will Shakespeare's got a new play, called "Romeo and Ethyl- the Pirate's Daughter"...

I forgot to tell you all something extremely important the other day - My Mind Was Blown By A Poem. And here it is:

Sonnet 138, Shakespeare

When my love swears that she is made of truth,
I do believe her, though I know she lies,
That she might think me some untutored youth,
Unlearned in the world's false subtleties.
Thus vainly thinking that she thinks me young,
Although she knows my days are past the best,
Simply I credit her false-speaking tongue:
On both sides thus is simple truth suppressed.
But wherefore says she not she is unjust?
And whereforesay not I that I am old?
Oh, love's best habit is in seeming trust,
And age in love loves not to have years told.
Therefore I lie with her and she with me,
And in our faults by lies we flattered be.

Simply stunning.