Friday, April 20, 2001

Zach "-tly like me" Kuhn

I never lived through the Great Depression, though sometimes I feel like I did.

I hate flexing my muscles. So tonight was the Cellar and Stadium, two of Normal's "hot-spots"***1***. Had an OK time, mostly because Christine was there and we had a long chat about how fickle punk kids are 'bout their music and how certain records are going to knock their socks off. Ryan and I once again spent an entire night at the same bar without hanging all over each other, which some couples can't manage for even ten minutes. Rick got hit on by multiple black-panted females, one of whom confessed she couldn't hit on him because "my roomate has a crush on him". We just dropped Christine off at home, and on the way back some poor kid was pulled over for god knows what and of course there's three cop cars there and they're searching his jeep and have one guy in the back seat. My grandfather was a statie, and never ever ever arrested anyone for DUI. If they were obviously drunk, he would put them in the back of his cruiser, write the whereabouts of their car on their hand or a piece of paper, and drop them off at home. Today's cops are a tad bit out of hand.

and the Stadium isn't the same without the Scooter.

Math test at 8 a.m, long nap, then Memento. Unfortunately I have to work early on Saturday morning now, so I may not be doin' much drinkin'. Alas, so it goes and goes and goes.

The next five guilty pleasures that I would admit to drunkenly are: "The Captain" by Kacey Chambers; Anything with an acoustic guitar by the Goo Goo Dolls; Scooter McBoober; Julia Roberts; and the entire catalog by Billy Joel, minus his late 90's missteps.

In the stereo: straight up country thanks to Kacey Chambers


***1***And I use both of those words with many grains of salt.