Tuesday, April 17, 2001

Zach "Take Back the Universe and Give me" Kuhn

How to spot an owl.

So this is awesome: The Hero's friend and confidant Chris G. met Mike Shank of American Movie fame last night at the Empty Bottle in Chicago where he was watching Arab Strap. This is no joke. He has pictures. Mike was there with the girl who helped direct A.M, and Chris asked him if he wanted to hang out some time. Mike's response: "Well yeah, um....if you want to come to Milwaukee". The dude is awesome. Chris promised me a copy of the picture and we will post it here when we get it. Get it.

The drive back to school was mostly anchored by AM 1000 and the beautiful wonderful Dan Patric show. Funny shit, mostly because these dudes know everything and more about sports but still talk about Anna Kournikova (they like) and Brittney Spears (they don't like). I also got to follow a Department of Corrections van carrying one white male who desperately resembled a serial killer. He stared at me as I drove by, and I gave him a "fight the power" fist. He probably memorized the plates and will be coming for me in 17 years when he gets out.

And the Cubs are down 1-0, but threatening in the 4th.

The next five songs on yer radio in a perfect world would be: "The Captain" by Kacey Chambers; "Chance of a Lifetime" by Creeper Lagoon (which I just got); "Regionalists" by Mt.st.helens; "What we fall for when we're already down" by the Good Life; and "Insane" by Mike Shank.

In the stereo: Constant hours....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home