Monday, April 09, 2001

Marc

Carl: Hey, Lenny. Sending some outgoing mail?
Lenny: You know it.
Carl: I'll probably send some tomorrow.
Lenny: I hear that.

I wonder how many people have seen me have a panic attack. They only happen about once every six to eight months. I know about four people that saw one today. I couldn't help it. My head just started spinning, my breaths stopped coming, and I couldn't concentrate. Suck, suckity, suck. I've been working by myself for the past few weeks, and it's been going okay. That was until today. I believe I accidentally knocked some phone lines out at this post office in Oregon. It didn't help that they had these counters that were absolutely impossible to wire, but hey! who am I to complain, eh? The clerk at the far right counter came over to me (I was laying on the floor under the left counter with my fish tape and two impossible tangled strands of cable), and asked "are you messing with the phones?" I didn't think I was, but I knew that I might have snagged one when I came down the wall. I went over to his counter, inquired as to what was wrong, and confessed that if it had anything to do with his phones, I would have no idea how to fix it. I'll have to give it to him, he was awfully nice. My eyes started crossing, without any of my help. I went outside, called my Dad (who also happens to be my Boss), and told him to calm me down. Thanks, Pops. He did a great job.

This is a little rambly, I know, but I rarely have panic attacks. They scare me. Just like Daddy Long Legs do, with their long legs, and their Big Daddy's. Shiver me timbers, Robin. Shiver me timbers indeed.