Thursday, March 22, 2001

Zach "And Booty Slap" Kuhn

When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With yer hands on yer head or the trigger of yer gun?

Oh yes, friends, I'm still reeling in the (y)ears. Things I left out about the Creeper show:
1. The singer's family (sisters, cousins, and Dad) were in the audience. Everyone was rocking out but they were the stand outs. He thanked his dad after a song and some drunk guy yelled out: "Fuck yeah, Dad!" The singer laughed and proceded into "Wrecking Ball" which does indeed Rock. And hard.
2. I had 4 beers, 1 was free. The others cost me $12. Chink in Schuba's armour, Ted.
3. I got a poster off the wall, four stickers from some poor schmo getting paid to get scoffed at by some of the more beautiful people in attendance, and a t-shrit.
4. It was goooooood.

T-minus 6 hours 'til the David Foster Wallace Experience. The room, which I just checked out, is not ver big, so I will be there an hour early. I'll feel like a geek, people will look at me like a geek, but I'll have a seat. Won't I.

I have this entire weekend off. That's good, except I need the money. That's bad. But I just got my tax return. That's good. But I'll need that money for the five shows I'm seeing in the next three weeks. That's bad. And good. Can I go home?

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "Guns of Brixton" by the clash; "Question" by the Old 97's; "Helpless" by Sugar; "Brown Sugar" by the Rolling Stones; and a medley of "We Laugh Indoors", "The new Collapse", and "Wrecking Ball" played by the Boston Pops.

In the Stereo: Juno "this is the way it goes and goes and goes", which I cannot recommend highly enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home