Saturday, May 26, 2001

ZooK

It's all nice on ice allright.

I spent all morning carrying 6 pieces of very large home furnishings up and down three flights of stairs. My hands are raw, and I have a burn down most of my right arm. But it's Saturday, right? And I'm pumped.

One book down, fifteen to go. The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon gets a big fat B+. 653 pages means he lost me a bit in the end, but that's OK, the middle was incredible. Kavalier is an immigrant from Prague who starts a comic book called the Escapist with his cousin....Clay. At one point, after a familial disaster directly caused by the fucking fascist Nazis on Pearl Harbor day, he joins the Army and gets stationed in the Arctic area. There is a fantastically sad scene in which he is forced to shoot his dog in order to survive. I got bleary eyed. Next up: A prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.

Marc: blogspot says our site does not exist. this troubles me, since I know it does. Get on it, king, cuz it won't let me fix it.

The inside information: my girlfriend is cute.

The next five songs on yer radio in a perfect world would be: "For Nancy (cos it already is)" by pete yorn; "the love you save" by Joe Tex; "don't be sad" by whiskeytown; "ellen and ben" by dismemberment plan; and "we laugh indoors" by deathcabforcutie.

In the stereo: Northern Exposure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home