Tuesday, May 22, 2001

ZooK

I said burr, it's cold in here, there must be some toros in the atmosphere.

Bring it On. Apparently, it is the next generation's Caddyshack or Dumb and Dumber or whatev. I dig it for purely aesthetic reasons. I am only cheerleading! By the way, Kirsten is hosting this year's MTV movie awards with a certain someone's serious love interest, Jimmy Fallon. If ye haven't seen the promos yet, you will.

Highlights of today:
0620: up at dawn
0700: Woodridge. It's cold but sunny.
0715: Let me preface this by saying that every summer someone calls the cops on us. Either we start our generators before 700 (against regulations) or someone thinks we're "swearing too much" or the plumber gets in a fight with the electrician***1***. So today the excavator is tearing down some trees with a bobcat in the backyard, and all the sudden he starts yelling. Now construction guys yell a lot. You have to to hear each other some times. But this guy is Yelling. And pointing fingers and shit. So I take a closer look, and there is a 60ish man literally in the guy's face. All I can hear is "Step back sir!" So the old man finally starts walking away, and Jeff laughs out loud, and the guy runs full speed at him. Again, Jeff is a man not to be fucked with. For some reason, all men who drive Bobcats are bad mother fuckers. So I start walking closer, because I know jeff is going to need a witness if this guy hits him first. And the old guy starts fake laughing, and his eyes are all crazy. Jeff patiently stands there, calls the cops. Leave it to the po-po's to be on scene in 90 seconds. After they arrive, the old man walks back to his house. He is as red as a tomato.

Two hours later, he came back and asked us to side his house.

Got off work early at 1400 because it was freezing and raining. Not a combination I like to see in late May.

The next five things I would buy today in a perfect world would be: Requiem for a dream DVD; the new Whiskeytown CD; dinner and drinks for Ryan; a car; a mansion.

in the stereo: Bring it on.

***1***Have you heard that one before? I put the Huh in hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home