Monday, May 21, 2001

ZooK

Had a dream that I found extra rooms in my house, on the day I was to move out, and it kinda made me not wanna leave.

So you want to know why I love working construction so much:
06:15***1***Awaken
06:18 Check out my dad's face, which was rearranged over the weekend by a concrete staircase. Not as badly as I was lead to believe, yet I make the "hate to see what happened to the other guy" joke. He is not amused. ***2***
06:21 Read the sports page while chilling wit my Cheerios.
06:40 Out tha doe'.
0700: Arrive at job site, Neederhofer Woods***3***
0701: HTSWHTTOG jokes #1,2,3,and 4. Delivered as if no one had asked him yet. He, again, is not amused.
0702: I meet my new boss, who laughs like Dr. Hibbard and smokes. A lot. He's a good guy.
0900: Coffee break. Normally I drive to the local gas station, but today the new boss brought pop for me. I enjoy my little excursions to White Hen. I am not amused.
1100: WXRT plays the new Train song. I feel as guilty as a Catholic school girl on the run in Kentucky for singing along.
1200: Eat at McDonalds. don't know why, just did.
1230: HTSWHTTOG jokes #5,6,7. #7 is delivered with complete irony by the same guy who delivered #1.
1300: I realize my book can actually be a book. No autographs.
0600-1600: It rains. It rained all day. Why mention this here, and not earlier. Because then you'd feel sorrier for me.
1500: Realize that the three of us have built a porch railing and put up 10 shutters, all in one day.***4***
1600: Leave sight.
1610: Arrive home to 2 a's and 1 b on report card, and a disconcerning email***5*** from Ryan. Don't give up hope.

The next five songs on yer radio in a perfect world would be: "new young residents" by bluetip; "regionalists" by the mt.st.helens; "drops of jupiter" by train; "oye como va" by santana and tito puente; and "the weight" by the band.

in the stereo: birds
***1***For those of you who watched the Sopranos last night, ask A.J what the 0's for.
***2***Hilarity does not ensue.
***3***Not a joke, but the name of a subdivision. Wacky people with shitloads of dough shouldn't get to name subdivisions.
***4***This is more, in gross and net amounts, then the entire volume of shit I've ever done at
my shitty other job.
***5***Actually 5 emails, which were, I think anyway, meant to be read in a certain order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home