Saturday, February 24, 2001

Zach "Oh Shit, Mark Kozelek is playing Schubas the same night that Hey Mercedes plays the Metro"Kuhn

How's that working out for ya? Being Clever? Keep it up then.

Yeah, I may have to pull an all-nighter that night, maybe this band will play until 10, then we can all watch the Man himself, Mark Kozelek of the Red House Painters and more recently "Almost Famous", play the lights out. Thanks to certain people, I happen to have a cassette of their new album (actually its about two years old, but thanks to the Major Leauges it won't come out until April on Sub Pop). Let me tell you, it's fantastic.

Just watched "the Apartment" starring Jack Lemmon (can you say Kevin Spacey's father? jeez, when he gets hit by Fran's brother in law there is a striking resemblance to Vinsence (sic) dying in "L.A. Confidential) and Shirley Mcclaine. A fantastic movie, you should go rent it, if only for Lemmon's aging next door neighbor calling him a beatnik.

It has been raining all day here in Normal ILL. Chris, the Polish guy who delivers the appliances at work on Saturdays, said that there was ice covering I-55 near Chicago.
True? Chris is the happiest guy in the world, no matter how bad a day he's having he always puts a smile on my face. Like the time he mimicked my boss's mullet with the sweep of his hands across his neck while standing right next to him. I think I may have hurt my back laughing so hard...

Yes, Marc bought a keyboard. Email him and tell him his song is pretty good, he's discouraged because Luke and I seem less than enthusiastic. It's only because we've heard it about ten times now...

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "Smokey" by the Red House Painters; "Bring on the Snakes" by Crooked Fingers; "Weekends of Sound" by 764-HERO; "The Last Thing I Ever Wanted Was to Show Up and Blow Your Mind" by Those Bastard Souls; and "AMY" by Ryan Adams.

In the Stereo: Crooked Fingers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home