Saturday, February 24, 2001

Zach "BLARG Lives!" Kuhn

Coincidentally, Burger King started selling Coke so the whole thing got wrapped up.

I found myself highly amused that Wendy's has started selling Sierra Mist, and I realized my life was about over. First of all, Normal has the world's WORST Wendy's just south of Veterans Parkway on College Ave. They have gone through about ten management changes in the past year and not one has shown any improvement. Half of the people I work with just won't go there anymore, due to one incident involving one of their employees spitting in his hands and then slicking back his hair with it (an event caught on tape by a wandering security camera, but lost in the fire). This Wendy's, though, is a sight to behold. In my last three visits I have witnessed:
1. A disgruntled employee reaching across the counter to attempt to choke a fellow female employee while yelling "Fucking Bitch! I want my money!" All in front of a very shaken family of five who probably won't ever come back to the city again. (I can just see the father, ten years from now, retelling the story like an Urban Legend: You beware, kids, the city is full of trench coat wearing lunatics who reach across counters and cuss!)
2. Another disgruntled employee, this time a female, yelling at her boyfriend who is on the clock about some kind of hygiene problem. I walked in the door, heard that, walked out the door.
3. A non-employee talking to his Biggie Drink about the traffic on College Ave.

Why do I go back, you ask? Mostly because its so god damn good.

I read an amazingly good short story in Harper's today, called "She" by Jason Brown. Anything with She in the title gets an automatic one point. Apparently his collection of stories, "Driving the Heart", is a good read.

Also in Harper's this month is part 2 of Christopher Hitchen's "The Case Against Henry Kissinger" which is a must read for anyone who wasn't born before 1977. I had no idea...

The next five songs on your radio in a perfect world would be: "Sweetness" by Jimmy Eat World; "Watery Hands" by Superchunk; "Loro" by Pinback; "Scratching Rounds" by Planes Mistaken for Stars; "Plans" by Ida.

In the Stereo: "Take on Me" A-ha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home