Sunday, April 23, 2006

Annie woke me up at 3:15am on Friday. She told me to get up and get ready because we were taking a trip. By the end of the evening we were in Cooperstown NY.


1936: The First Class - Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, and Christy Mathewson


This is a bust of Christy Mathewson. I am supposedly related to him (great-great uncle?). Can you see the resemblance?

I took pictures of all the Cubs in the Hall.

Ryne Sandberg


Ernie Banks

And I even took a special picture of Stan Musial for Jesse.


The Hall was smaller than I expected, but totally incredible.

Amongst all of the items inside, Annie and I were most impressed by a reinforced right cleat from Greg Maddux's 1995 season with the Braves, and I was personally impressed with all of the old time gear that the players wore at the turn of the century. They must have been incredibly warm on the playing field.

It is worth a trip for any and all fans of baseball. But I'm not telling you something you didn't already know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baker Baker 1-9 said...

That's a pretty epic trip. I'm jealous.

4:50 PM  
Blogger natouO said...

used to live close by and go there on the week end! thanks for bringing those memories back.

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch me erotically wipe my bat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SXZRUmlWdk

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home