Monday, February 12, 2001

Marc

Okay, alright. Now that I have myself, and one other person's undivided attention, let it be know that this piece of shit has finally started working. It only took me two days, five pounds of sweat pouring out of my ass, and a handful of heartache to get on this damn thing. I feel so relieved.

I'm not kidding when I say that I've tried and tried to get on this thing. I had the brilliant idea to start one late last Saturday. I had gone to a show at the infamous Agape in Normal, Illinois. Attended a party immediately afterwards, was shunned by an extremely attractive, but curiously cautious girl. Her name was Mandy, just like one of the last girls I tried dating (Divorced Chick). Neither one of them worked out. My self esteem tells me it's my appearance, but my head tells me is my lack of outward aggression towards women. And what's even stranger about the whole thing is the fact that I got a Valentine's box this weekend from a random Admirer. I show up at my apartment Friday night after a long week in Indianapolis, and there's a box with painted hearts and my name on it. I open it up and inside is a little Valentine's Day card, candy, a pair of chocolate lips that said "kiss me", and a mixed CD that this person put together for me. It had everyone on it (if everyone includes mostly post-punk and pop bands), bands that i already listen to, but very meaningful songs. I think I have an idea as to who it might be from, but if my guess is true, I'll be absolutely amazed because I would've had no idea that she would've have ever done anything like this for me. But I won't name names (until the time has come).

So, that was most of my weekend, except for Sunday when I woke up to do laundry and banged my head on the kitchen wall accidentally because I was trying not to trip over one of the Canadiens that was sleeping on my living room floor. My glasses flew off, and one of the lenses fell on the ground. But luckily, I found it, wedged it back in, and tried to keep as quiet as possible, so as not to wake anyone up.

I hope to God that this one posts, too.